Tuesday, October 4, 2011

rainbow sprinkle fireworks

it was a thin line of white
that was - the moon reflected
against familiar smiles
against the whites surrounding
coffee colored eyes
sore throats from
talking too much and too quickly
sharing the messages of
soulmate cliches
as i fall into that
well worn spot on the couch
seems to fit me so well
candy hearts drip from fingertips
delivering the same messages
again to a mailbox
with another name upon it
smearing pastel colors
into abstract art
evaporating
before anyone notices I was even there
leaving me with that dreamlike state
left on repeat
like a favorite movie
looping music box theme songs
leopard print flashbacks
with glittered eye lids fluttering
seeing every angle of your face
even as i look away
to freeze time as i once used to
lips that speak words
that never leave me
that dig into my essence and explode
within me like
rainbow sprinkle fireworks
because you always remind me
what delicious means

1 comment:

Eric Lawson said...

Nicley done! Any open mics in your future?