Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Heartbeats

The fist shaped organ beating in the heart of hollywood, flowing life through los angeles, and those whose feet pound pavement, searching in vain for lost scripts, and forgotten lines, and existing plots.
Maybe it was the music but I was reminded of old faces and a more innocent time. Either forgetting hurt feelings or perhaps heightening the experience,
recalling a time when I was less jaded by the hills surrounding us.

Maybe the music broke my heartChipped away at surrounding ribcage protection to invade me
It cried out from below my feet and tumnled like crowd floating to the pulsating drumbeat of the stage
Offering up my lonliness on this alter that understands me better than the status quo. Telling me to be optmistic in such a pessimistic town, absorbing the collective energy of those around.

The red lights beat light like an EKG and my own responds unable to let go of an unsaid force inside of me that is begging for the moment things turn from bright hot sun to the cool gray dusk of stillness.

this place is like a church, as we all face forward to find our spirituality. In modern uniforms of faded tshirts and boots, we are the cynics looking for something, lost and found, upon starry sidewalks

1 comment:

krista said...

you win. you actually made me feel like being at radiohead might have been a good time. although i'm pretty sure i enjoyed reading you describe it a hell of a lot more than i would have enjoyed actually hearing it. this would have been my poem:

ow.
ears hurt.
that?
oh nothing.
just blood.
carry on.