Monday, April 12, 2010

racing

time shooting by like bullets
into my hindsight
rearview mirror watching things disappear into the distance
wiping the rain off my eyes
and keeping my hands on ten and two
there is no map to get me out of this place
hitting the gas
hitting up a new idea or two
traveling to new doorways and floorways
up stairways
down highways
signs might say nowhere but I'm heading there fast
meet me on the corner of
second chances and new beginnings
time shooting by like bullets
into my hindsight
things seem clearer in the sideview
closer than they appear but so damn faraway
i'm speeding towards and through a roadblock
to arrive at the finish line of you and me

2 comments:

ERIN said...

I like.

Eric Lawson said...

Gorgeous. I almost felt the wind in my hair on this one.