Thursday, May 6, 2010

flashbacks

falling into the
insides of things
flash bulb moments of
memories
walking outside
early morning
with squinting eyes
easier to see things clearly in
nighttime hours
wrapping themselves
round and round
slithering
snakeskins
reminds me of a
secret
rendezvous
splitting candy hearts in two,
one for me and
one for you
to take away with you
as a souvenir
unless memories are enough
to keep my image fresh in your mind
me,
I'll keep your photo locked away
inside tiny steel
hinged moment libraries
hidden in my heart
somewhere noone will look
feeling like
i understand how a junkie feels
missing the touch that
matches the fingerprints
left on my skin
for so many years
acting like some sort of
heroin
in my blood stream
refusing,
not allowing me
to forget
the moments have been recorded
tattooed onto the backs of our eyelids

1 comment:

Eric Lawson said...

Lovely imagery. You capture longing just right, methinks.