Tuesday, January 18, 2011

subconscious ramblings of limbo

This subconscious is a vicious one
Letting scents of him, linger upon skin
Soaking into my dreamscapes
Reminding me while sleeping of the nights events
Awakening as if a year had not passed
I swung my arm over a phantom body evaporating
Just as my eyes were open enough
For the sleep to be wiped away
For the slate to be wiped clean
Not wanting to wipe away the feelings of those lips
When it felt so good to be enveloped in sparks again
Setting fire to the complacency of my heart
Reminding me that I have the potential again to
Light my insides up
Like swallowed fireflies
Like exploding firecrackers
This subconscious is a vicious one
Letting memories of laughter drift into my ears
Bittersweet knowledge that laughter can turn to tears
Without even a change in my facial expression
Or a crack in my voice
Just reset my broken heart again and again
Playing on repeat like a favorite record
Skipping and scratching where it has warped from being
Left out in the weather
Forgotten again
This subconscious is vicious one
killing me with my own self

1 comment:

ERIN said...

you always blow me away with your words.