Thursday, January 6, 2011

Untitled 2.

broken thoughts
blow like kisses
caught upon the wind of fallen leaves
crackling to dust beneath the feet of the unobservant
circling round the ankles like a devoted pet
yet ignored
words set in ink
a phrase set in stone
to remind my spine of tougher burdens than this
you can set a course for my heart
roadblocked
tolls paid with brief moments of intoxication
some battle wounds give even tough girls
something to cry about
wanting a secret or two to be whispered into my lips
that dreamy kind
that knocks my knees out
leaving me to depend on that hand at the base of my back
leading somewhere beyond
this repetitive game of emotional tug of war
I'll cut myself open
if it means the birds will escape

1 comment:

seth kelley elkins said...

damn. this one bites hard. dig it.