Monday, July 5, 2010

I can remember

you lived inside a tiny birdcage
I could hear the wings beating inside my chest
trying to fly away
I would sing to you and beg you to stay
but appeasing the wanderlust
is only temporary
bandaids to cover a fractured relationship
for one more day to dance with you
for one last nighttime conversation
for one more morning waking up beside you
you felt trapped inside a room
flying towards the glass window
seeking the outside world
watching you fly away
cage empty, with the door swaying
the music has stopped playing indefinitely
but sometimes when I think of you
I still hear you whistling

3 comments:

ERIN said...

this one is sad ... but i heart it.

T. Lettieri said...

i figured you'd get this one for sure.

terminator said...

i like this one a bunch...the imagery you have in here is wonderful...