Friday, June 25, 2010

words

words are lost glimpses of something i never thought i would see
something teasing and easing me into the gray area
surviving comfortably between black and white
letting go of self imposed myths
that have been shackling me
now broken by aggressive flattery
sheilding eyes from some type of
blinding happiness washing over me
waiting for a quiet moment for words to envelop like arms
hearing something like a buddhist chant
soft flowing breaths with ins and outs that move me
swaying and slowly back to sleep like a feverish child
within dreamstate eyes and whispered kisses atop eyelids
words are lost glimpses of something i never thought i would see
paving the way to leave a trail up a mountain guiding me
thrown caution to the wayward winds
marching now haphazardly

1 comment:

Eric Lawson said...

I'd be in hell right now if it weren't for the power of words.